My Portfolio

Saturday, October 9, 2010

"Storm On the Lake" The story behind the painting

                                                         

                                                           "Storm on the Lake" SOLD
30X36 original oil painted by me in 2002. When any one walks into my home, they compliment this painting!


This was originally a photograph taken by a friend. The original photograph did not have the tornado in it; however, I felt it necessary to include it. At that time in my life, I was having many dreams with tornadoes; I guess I should have listened to my dreams. This painting has been all over the US. It has moved with me in my journey through life. It has been on display in galleries and in an art show in Charleston, SC during Spoleto. This painting has always brought peace to my heart. Every time I look at it, I am reminded of my mistakes and my accomplishments. It tells me to listen to my heart and trust my gut. I am sure it will speak to you as well. I would love to read your comments, let me know what it says to you.

1 comment: