My Portfolio

Friday, August 5, 2011

The Watercoloresque Melting Flower

                                                  "The Watercoloresque Melting Flower"
                                                               8 piece Aceo puzzle

            http://www.etsy.com/listing/79143335/original-aceo-drawings-grouping-of-8


I drew this years ago after I got a 300+ set of prismacolor markers. They came with a clear blender marker, which I used to give this a watercolor look. The more I look at it the more I love it! I have discovered things in it that I forgot I drew! In the upper left corner there is a person grasping a part of the flower's stem. I am not sure what my plan was with this, or if there even was a plan. When I look at it today, I see a flower lying in a puddle that is sort of melting causing an oil spill effect. I drew it so long ago; I cannot remember what the original idea was. When I found it in an old sketchpad a couple of weeks ago, I decided that I wanted it to be an Aceo puzzle. Therefore, I cut it into eight 2.5" X 3.5" pieces. I hope you have enjoyed it's story. Please feel free to comment, I love reading what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment